Saturday, February 7, 2015

more photos from ski races

Friday morning I arrived a bit later and the stadium was full.  Most people were content to watch the Women's races on the big screen monitors.  I walked up the steep hill to a place I could see over the 4 layers of snow fences and watch each woman zipping by.


This is Lindsey Vonn of the USA team.  She finished 5th.



This is Tina Maze of Slovenia, who posted the fastest time of the race. 













View of finish line from up-slope.  taken as I started down the hill.  It was quite steep and I was  "boot-skiing"  for half of the descent.










An informal presentation of flowers ceremony is held immediately at the conclusion of the races.  A formal medals ceremony is held each evening at a big plaza in Vail. 


2 comments:

  1. Loved the mountainside perspective on the race. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete