Saturday, February 28, 2015

end of February

Hello blog world.  No I did not fall into a crevasse.  There has not been much blog-worthy happening.  Avon is such a bird drought.  The office has entered a slow period, after the Skiing Championships and waiting for the Spring Break families to come in March.  The skiers are happy with the recent 7 inches of snow on the mountain tops.  A few weeks ago I drove south (and east) on Hwy 24 to visit my friend Sandi who lives in a small town in the forest.  She and her boyfriend feed birds on the back porch.  Abert's squirrels come to the feeders occasionally.

I have been avoiding posting photos of snowy landscapes because the East Coast has received so much snow, and sub-zero temperatures.  I found this icicle cascades on a local building.


The wastewater treatment facility in Silverthorne hosts a nice collection of ducks each winter.  Ring-necked Ducks are one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment