Friday, February 22, 2013

CT: snow and birds

I have been in Connecticut for a week now.  Snow is mostly crusty on top so I don't sink in while walking out to fill the bird feeders.  Sue and I walked to the river on snowshoes and enjoyed the winter woods. 
     This week I accompanied Sue to New Haven each day.  Some days I was working as a volunteer at the museum, other days I went birding on the coast.  Going west was more productive. Highlights were Long-tailed Ducks, Surf Scoters, and a Common Loon between West Haven and Stratford Point.  Friday I went Hammonassett Park hoping to see the Crossbills.  No luck there.  A Cardinal, a Savannah Sparrow, Sanderlings and Gulls on the beach.
     This weekend we plan to stay home and watch OUR birds, the Chickadees, Nuthatches, Woodpeckers, Eastern Bluebirds, Cardinals, Blue Jays, Titmice, Juncos, and more.



No comments:

Post a Comment