Thursday, May 24, 2012

Starting at the Park

I arrived on Saturday, checked into my room, and unloaded the truck.  Sunday everyone checked in at HR, and went to Orientation.  Monday I started  "training."  Mostly we did setting up the room, and some refreshing on the computer  program.  Tuesday we started training the new people.  One lady quit after one day, another woman did not show up.  We will be working 6 days per week,  until 2 more people are hired for Cabin Office.
     Yesterday a cold front moved in with snow, rain and some gusty winds.  It snowed all night. There was some accumulation, but it melted quickly.  I am waiting for the clouds to blow away from the mountains so I can take some pictures.
     Spring is 3 - 4 weeks more advanced now, than last year at this time.  Last year huge snow piles were everywhere, campgrounds were filled with snow, and the lake was frozen.  All the trees were still in winter dormancy.  Now the Aspens  have already leafed out and small wildflowers are blooming.
Photos of Mom Grizzley Bear with 3 cubs, now yearlings.  The cut-out sculptures are from a town I drove thru on my trip to the Park.





2 comments: