Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday

Orientation was 2 1/2 hours in a meeting room. At North Rim they took 1 1/2 days for orientation. In the afternoon we boarded a bus for a park tour. The Head of Interpretative Services was our guide. He talked for nearly 4 hours, with a few breaks, and it was all very interesting. History, geology, where to go hiking, climbing, fishing, best places for photography or wildflowers, famous visitors, and more.
Dinner was pizza, last night they had meatloaf. There has been a good salad bar both evenings. After dinner I decided to check out the laundry facilities. I thought the washer would burst into pieces during an extended spin cycle, and the dryer wasn't sure it wanted to run or not. I read an entire People magazine on the royal wedding in Britain while I was waiting.
No photos today. The mountains are dramatic when the clouds blow away for a few minutes. Mostly its been overcast and raining. I will save my flash-card space for a sunny day. During the afternoon tour we saw herds of Bison with a few little ones, and herds of Elk with no calves yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment