Saturday, May 4, 2019

WY early May

Subaru and I arrived in GT Park on Thursday, according to schedule.  Its still winter here !  The roads are clear, the fields are snow-covered and of course the mountains are wearing white coats of snow.  
     Journey from Wisconsin to WY was one of serious wind.  I had wanted to stop for birds at one location, but not with THAT wind.  North Dakota and Montana had the worst wind.  I stopped at my friend, Kim's place, near Dillon for one night. She and boyfriend showed me some nice areas for hiking.  Its still winter in western MT, as well.
     I also stopped to visit Deborah, a former room-mate, in the small town of Thayne, WY.  Early Spring has come to this area. Meadowlarks are singing, Robins and Yellow-rumped Warblers are back.  I saw my first Yellow Warbler of the season !






Deborah took this photo of me looking at ducks on a pond.










The sky cleared and the mountains are beautiful.



1 comment:

  1. Yay Karen! Back in the Teton :) thank you for giving me the gift of vicarious Adventure through your postings. They always bring a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete