Saturday, July 30, 2016

endings

I am leaving Denver.  Anthem announced a large number of  employee lay-offs across the company.  Many managers, Claims adjusters, Medicare workers, Customer service people, and others were laid off.  The official reason is  "reduction in staff for budget reasons."   Rumors point to the attempted merger with Cigna.  Anthem wanted to become the largest insurance company in the US by swallowing Cigna.  Negotiations did not go well, and the process was costing Anthem alot more money than anticipated.  So they announce lay-offs.  Then the US Justice Dept, the US Attorney General specifically,  blocked the merger.  Of course Anthem is appealing that decision.
     The corporate world has cast me off and no longer has need of me.  The mountains have quickly welcomed me back.  I was accepted at Mt Rainier Park in Washington-state for the remainder of the season.
     It is true, the best laid plans of anyone will go astray.  I did not plan on this, and my crystal ball is fuzzy.
     There is not much cell phone reception in the mountains, I will have an Internet signal for email.
Photos next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment