Thursday, June 25, 2015

Denver

The mile high city.  I accepted the job on Friday, and confirmed renting a room in an apartment in the southeast corner of Denver.  Hurray !!  It is true I am not a city person, I am glad to end this bout of unemployment.  Bus routes look good between the apartment and the office location.
     Early morning Saturday I went walking at Bobcat Ridge.  Birds were singing in the cool morning air.  A Yellow Warbler, Western Kingbirds near a nest site, a beautiful Lazuli Bunting male, and an Eastern Kingbird.  That surprised me.  An Eastern Kingbird in the same morning on the same trail as a group of Western Kingbirds.
     I have no photos of any of those birds, so I will close with the Red Crossbill family on the railing at my friend's house.  Top photo is Dad and Mom Red Crossbil, below is their recently fledged young one.  A few times I watched it begging Dad for food.


No comments:

Post a Comment