Sunday, November 23, 2014

Beaver Creek

I arrived in Avon, CO in mid-afternoon under overcast skies.  Immediately after exiting from Hwy 70, each driver is thrown into a series of 4 traffic circles (round-abouts).  I came out of the last one heading uphill, being grateful I had not been hit by the furious pace of the traffic.  Eventually I found the Housing Office and, after much discussion and paperwork, was assigned to an apartment.  By the way, you will need to park  "here"  (at least a mile walking from my housing building.)
     Tarnes at Beaver Creek was built to accommodate visiting skiers.  Later on Vail Corporation bought the 3 Tarnes buildings for employee housing.  Above photo.
     It will be a good place, now that I convinced them to send a maintenance worker up to the apartment.  The oven, stove, and shower did not work when I first came in.  This photo is of a 3rd floor window, similar to mine altho I am on the 2nd floor.
 This is the front of the building, my windows face the back side, uphill.











view from the front of the building to the north, across the valley.
     There was a good snowfall before I arrived resulting in most of the snow in the photo.  Overnight Saturday, and into Sunday there has been a bit more snow.  I can walk to work at the Reception Center which is much easier than going down to the overflow parking where I am told to leave Silver truck.  The town offers free bus service on 2 different routes.  I think Silver truck will have alot of rest this winter.

Avian life does exist here, I have seen 2 Black-billed Magpies, and Mountain Chickadees.









1 comment: