Saturday, April 19, 2014

Heading out

Wednesday at lunch-time I departed from Truckee, went down the hill on Hwy 80 to Reno for a few errands, and headed south on Hwy 395.  I drove Hwy 80 across Nevada twice last year, and did not want to do that again.  Hwy 395 follows the eastern Sierra all the way to southern California.  What a beautiful drive !   It was gorgeous !!   I spent the first night in a free campground in Inyo National Forest.
   Photo below is Mono Lake.  I saw Eared Grebes in breeding plumage. 
  Needing to go east at some point I chose Hwy 190 going across Death Valley. I have not ever been to Death Valley, so it was interesting.  Death Valley is NOT flat !  There is alot of history in that area. So far I have taken over 100 photos, yet un-edited.  I came out the eastern side into Amargosa Valley, and spent the night in Red Rocks Canyon campground. 
    Las Vegas, ugh.  At least I found a place with free Internet.  Tonight I plan to be into Utah.


 To the right is a salt pan in Death Valley. It was a windy day with the blowing dust obscuring the mountains.

Below is a dry creek with a few bushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment