Friday, March 14, 2014

March is half over

We had a week of intermittent rain and snow.  Ski areas received a little more snow on the mountain tops.  Managers are hoping Spring Break time will bring more people to the slopes.
     Last week I went to Tahoe Meadows for a walk in the snow.  One bird, a Brown Creeper, was seen.  It was a beautiful winter morning.  I set the camera on top of its case, and had it take a photo of me.
    The following day I drove to one of many trailheads for Tahoe Rim Trail and walked a piece along the Truckee River.  Birders can see my ebird list.
    And back to work.  5 co-workers have quit Northstar and moved on to school, more preferred jobs, or just going home.

 Hooded Merganser females on the Truckee River.
below:  Black-necked Stilt foraging.

1 comment:

  1. are you going to share the photo of you in the Tahoe Meadows?????????????

    ReplyDelete