Thursday, March 20, 2014

1st kayaking of 2014

I have visited the nearby reservoirs. 
This is Boca reservoir, drying up as are most of California's reservoirs.  A short drive to the north is Stampede reservoir.  There are no access points that I could find, so I parked on the side of the road and walked thru the forest to see this reservoir.  Along the way I found a Brown Creeper, Mt Chickadees, Pygmy and White-breasted Nuthatches, Steller's Jays, and 2 Purple Finches.  I needed to listen to the iPod to confirm that ID.   !!!

This is Prosser reservoir.  The water level is way down now, It used to have a much larger lake.  I paddled the perimeter today.  Canada Geese, a pair of Common Mergansers, and a Bald Eagle.  The 3rd photo is Silver truck on shore that 10 years ago was underwater.













With the camera at full zoom, focus is not perfect, but a Bald Eagle is exciting to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment