Sunday, December 22, 2013

Northstar



To finish the driving saga:   I was glad I did the Laramie to Rawlins section in the daylight.  There were patches of ice to avoid, passes of climb, and the wind was much less.  Thursday I drove all the way to Wendover, UT.  By Friday night I was in Reno.  I stayed one night at my friend's house and drove to Northstar Saturday morning.  You know you are in the right place when the parking lot attendant says,  Go to the Conference room.  The Conference room was FULL of new employees attending orientation.  Housing is NOT provided, and this continues to be an issue.
     Monday - Friday I was training with 4 other people.  4 of us from the east coast (NJ, VT, MA, and me)  !!!   One lady is from San Francisco.  Its a new property management software to learn, and the accommodations.  As well as the Northstar condos and houses, we also offer Ritz Carlton, Hyatt, Constellation, and Tahoe Mountain Properties.  The last 2 are also very upscale. 
     Topmost photo is full Moon rising over Lake Tahoe.  I was one of several drivers pulled over to watch the full Moon rise into a purple sky.  
     Today was my first day off.  I drove out to Pyramid Lake, an hour east of Reno.
     Birds !!
A large flock of Canvasbacks, a smaller flock of Tundra Swans, a few Pintails, Buffleheads, a single male Common Goldeneye and Grebes.  As I drove along the edge of the lake, I found Pied-billed, Western, and Clark's Grebes. A Raven had claimed a picnic table.
Photo below and to the left are at Pyramid Lake.


I will take some photos of the Northstar area for the next posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment