Sunday, December 8, 2013

driving west again

     I really didn't want to leave NH so quickly. We were having a good time.
Thursday night, as a concluding event, Sue and Jorge and friends and I went to a wonderful concert at University of Connecticut.  They are generous, big-hearted people.
      With the job being in the CAL Sierras my schedule was planned.  I packed up the truck on Thursday.  Sue and I looked at the weather maps. A winter storm with ice and snow was moving across the middle of the country.  Friday morning we talked about the weather again.  I started driving Friday afternoon into grey skies, but the rain had stopped.  As I drove into NY and Pennsylvania another rain storm moved in.  As I approached Scranton darkness and sleet were both falling.  Overnight 2 inches of snow fell.
     In the next days I enjoyed rural Pennsylvania, snow-covered conifers, and Gulls on Lake Erie as I drove on Interstates 80 and 90.  Light snow fell as I crossed Indiana.  I am worried about slippery roads as the temperature drops each evening, so no night-time driving.
     Photo:  December driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment